Saturday, October 31, 2009

Baby Will is in the house!

It happened. Our baby was born on Halloween, early this morning. Karen's water broke while we were watching Monk, at 8:45 p.m. Friday night. We hurried as fast as we all could, but the little guy didn't make it out in time. Happy Halloween, baby Will!

Name: Will James Briggs
Weight: 8 lb 5 oz
Length: 21 inches
Time of arrival: 2:10 a.m., October 31, 2009

Will has three great namesakes to look up to. He is named after two of his great-grandfathers, William Halls and Wilmer Barlow, and after his Grandpa James Barlow.

We were hoping for better news, but we were not surprised that Will was born with a critically low blood platelet count. So he is stuck in the NICU for now, and hopefully the platelet transfusion goes well. We'll post an update with more pictures later.

Here are a few pics. Does my girl even look like she's in labor?



11 comments:

Beth said...

What a cute little guy! Congratulations Dan and Karen!

Hanson Family said...

Congrats you guys! I hope he gets out of the NICU soon. I like his name!

Leda said...

You look GREAT Karen! Congratulations! He's such a cute baby.

Britney said...

Love it! Thanks SOOO much for calling to tell me the news! Plus, it was fun just to talk to you!

Love you!

Marie HMJ said...

Karen, well, it happened! a Halloween baby!! You know what.. my grandfather and brother both have halloween bdays and both love it. I bet you end up liking it too. You look so fantastic, and that little Will is just adorable!! I love the name so much. If we had a boy, William was one of our two top names. I love love love the name will. Great job Karen, and congratulations. Really. congratulations.

Kanets said...

I can't believe you already had him! I really thought I was due before you. I was expecting a preemie - but no, 8 pounds is not a preemie :)
Congrats!!! You are such a pro Karen! And a way cute prego mama! Especially 80's style.
Best of luck to your family!

Becca said...

Will is a cutie, as are all your kiddos. Congratulations!! A Halloween baby. I just want to know if the other kids still got to go trick or treating?!?!

Malinovka said...

Congratulations!!! Wow--I can't believe you're now the parents of 5 in grad school. That's great. Hope little Will can come home soon, and I hope that Cali will love him. :)

P.S. My sister Kristen's b-day is Halloween, and it's really a lot of fun!

John and Stef said...

Yay Dan and Karen! We're super happy for you guys. He's SO cute and Karen, you look great! I can't wait to come out and meet the little guy!!

David said...

Congrats you guys! I hope that all goes well with him and that you can bring him home soon. With so many great namesakes, I'm sure he'll be a champ.

Jen said...

He is so handsome! I am so glad he is here!