Thursday, May 15, 2008

HEAT STROKE!!!

So today was the hottest day of the year for us... in the mid-90's! I absolutely hate the heat. I just start thinking about it and I get an immediate migraine. I noticed Mindi mentioned that it is hotter than Phoenix, Arizona today. What??? Isn't that why we all live here?! This would be the day I'd like to just stay in the house and not do any running around... no such luck! Instead it was a busy day as always, but oh, SO hot!

The running around started with taking Doman to Maddie's for playgroup. Fenna was kind enough to let Max stay and play too since I needed to take Cali to physical therapy at the Children's hospital... things are so much easier with just the two kids! Then back to Fenna's to pick up Doman and Max (late, of course.)

A quick lunch while getting Max ready for his water play-day at preschool. I drop Max and Ellie off at preschool with their supplies only to find out when I returned home that Max left one of his swim sandals and would need it to play in the water! Back to preschool...

Doman was next, off to speech therapy. This was actually a good part of the day... he has now officially been in speech for more than a year and after a recent pre-evalution, his therapist says he's made it to the average level. After his official evaluation next week we'll know for sure. Yahoo! That would be two less appointments per week! And that will help a lot since I think he has many years to come of physical therapy.

Just thinking about my day makes me feel hot (that and the fact that we don't have AC!) And the day isn't over yet!

SO, I see the weather report for tomorrow says it is going to be just as hot as it was today... kill me now!!!


The only happy thing that can come from a hot day... Cali got to wear this little tank before it was too small for her. Dan got this when he was on one of his trips a few years ago before I was even expecting Lincoln! He was just dying to have girl! We're so glad she made it here... we couldn't live without this sweet little thing!

8 comments:

Britney said...

OH MY GOSH! I seriously can't believe this is happening...and I'm missing it all!!!!

What a week to have family emergencies...we couldn't have planned it better ourselves!

So sorry...hope you can get some relief soon!

Mindy said...

Karen I'm so glad to see you blogging! You crack me up. :) Yesterday to embrace the heat we went to the beach. It was hot alright, but super windy as well! That is NOT a fun combination. When it's back in the 60's in July and August we're going to miss this hot week!

Kelly Jensen said...

Come to my house!! The best thing about living through the tunnel is the AC! I remember what it is like in those apts. You better come out here!

Jeni said...

We couldn't sleep last night because it was so stinking hot! We left all of the windows and patio door open (totally not safe) to cool down, and we were still sooo HOT! A third floor village apartment is not the best to stay cool!

Hope you cool down today!

John and Stef said...

It's definitely hard to be optimistic about the California weather being in the 90's when you don't have AC! Back in the village I wasn't so happy to hear it was going to over 75!
I hope you and Mindy can come out soon too! I miss you guys so much.

Unknown said...

Karen,
So fun to see all the wonderful happenings of your kids and life.

Jen said...

She is SO big! She is darling. Your day sounds like mine. I just want to sleep all weekend. I wonder if that will happen!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.