Thursday, August 07, 2008

This is not my child...


Max has always surprised me by his eating habits. He eats everything, tries everything, and loves just about everything. But this was all I could stand. He got a big tomato out of the fridge and devoured it. I grabbed the camera just as he was taking his last big bite. I'm so glad that he didn't inherit my fear of vegetables! (which I'm working on , btw...) And earlier this week he found the colorful peppers in the fridge and wanted that for his snack. I gave him some red, yellow, and orange pepper slices with some ranch dressing. I noticed he wasn't dipping them (he loves ranch dressing, so this was strange). When I asked him why, he said he wanted to decide which color was his favorite first... red won. And no matter how delicious Max kept telling Doman that the peppers were, Doman tried one and quickly left the scene... he on the other hand is definitely mine. :)

7 comments:

Becca said...

That's funny! Kaiyah is definitely more like Doman and we're still trying to figure Laney out. One day I think she eats super well and then the next she's as picky as can be.

Leda said...

What a great adventurer! Today, peppers…tomorrow the WORLD! YOU GO Max!

Malinovka said...

How funny! Reminds me of the time Marian got you to eat broccoli... :) Max is like my kids--they love to snack on peppers, green beans, frozen peas, etc. More like their dad than me. :)

Emilee said...

Karen I am just like you! I am not one to try new food at all! Dan always tells me that I am going to have to fake it when we have kids ;)

Mindy said...

He IS your child - I know there's a vegetable lover in there waiting to get out!

Kanets said...

I remember your dislike of vegetables all too well. You were never excited to eat the salads I made. What are you even doing with those things in your fridge right now? :) I got you to eat broccoli? Wow, good memory Robyn.

Britney said...

This is completely amazing to me! I actually told Dave this story tonight (with out knowing it was on your blog)...he too was impressed!