Thursday, July 10, 2008

We did it!

I've never dared take all four kids to the beach before. I feel bad even saying it, but I hate the beach. I don't like sand, I don't like being dirty, I don't like the hot sun, and I don't like the cold water. And what's worse than actually going to the beach?... taking your kids to the beach! But it had to be done and with the help of my friend Rebecca, we did it!

Max and Doman both thoroughly enjoyed it. Lincoln seemed to be more like me... he couldn't stand just his hands having sand on them and he wouldn't touch the water. Cali did alright just hanging out on Brit's blanket... but of course she had to add something to the experience by blowing out of her diaper!

All my friends were so nice to help me even though they've got their own kids to watch. But it sure made the experience enjoyable. And now I can check it off the list! :)


Holding hands walking through the waves of the ocean... isn't this romantic? :)



Max loved the water... I guess you just get numb after a few minutes! Hopefully he got his fill of the beach! :)



Doman and Lincoln just playing in the sand... note that Lincoln is holding sand! But then he kept begging me to get all the sand off his hands the rest of the time!



A picture of me and Cali before we left showing that we survived. :)

7 comments:

Britney said...

These are great pictures! Good job!

I'm glad you came too! I wish I was more help to you...

Chris Fullmer said...

Way to go Karen! You turned out braver than I that day. Such cute pics!

Also, thanks so much for dinner the other night. What a lifesaver!

Bethany said...

I love all of these new posts, especially the Berkeley bucket list. That's so great! And Cali is looking very grown up!

Emilee said...

You guys need to come to the beaches in southern cali, they are a lot warmer!

milenab said...

Hi Karen!

I am so glad you liked the pictures in my site...I really love to come here and checking to see what is up with you guys! The kids look so cute and Cali is getting so big! She is so pretty...I am so glad you are having fun, the bucket is such a good idea. You can tell from our update that we are doing good, I am scared of Isaac going back to the hospital in two weeks but I am also hanging in there...I am so glad to have your suport, I miss you guys and I wish I could be with you guys playing some cool game right now! :0)
Say to the boys and Cali for me, love you guys! :0)

Mindy said...

I have to admit I was SO PROUD of you that day! Not an easy thing with 4 kiddos but it was so much more fun having you there! We love you Karen!

Becca said...

The beach was fun...we will have to go again. I am glad you came :)