Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The Berkeley Bucket List

On the flight home from London we saw The Bucket List. I probably wouldn't have watched it had I not been stuck on a long flight, but it turned out quite interesting. Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman are these two old men who are dying. Instead of crying about it and staying in the hospital for treatments, they make a "bucket list" which is a list made up of things they want to do before they "kick the bucket". And then throughout the movie they go on to do the things on their bucket list.

Dan and I have just realized that we may possibly only have one year left here at Berkeley. And despite how incredibly happy that would make me, I'm already starting to have regrets! Hence... our Berkeley Bucket List. We've made a big list of things we'd like to do before we "kick the bucket" at Berkeley. Everyone knows we're kind of rigid with schedules around here... how else are we supposed to stay sane? :) So, some naps are gonna have to be skipped and bedtimes will have to be ignored. But we're gonna have fun!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Hooray for skipping naps!! I'll adventure with you and the kiddos too :)

Malinovka said...

I know, I know--schedules keep you sane! But, I'm also for skipping one here and there to do something you'll always remember. Can't wait to hear about your adventures! And I need to see that movie...

Britney said...

There ya go! That's the attitude to have :)

I know how you feel...it's very hard for me to skip a nap, but I too am doing better!

Jeni said...

I'm with you in the nap dept. It is sometimes too rough to skip it! I'm glad you are having fun here though, it will be over before you know it.