Saturday, November 28, 2009

BIG NEWS!

It's official... Dan got a job!!! And as if that isn't exciting enough, the job is in UTAH ... Clearfield, in fact, which is right where we're from. He will be a Systems Engineer at Northrop Grumman. There's really no way to express how happy we are about this... words just won't do. We feel like it really is a miracle! The less exciting part of it-- Dan trying to work 80 hours a week to finish up while I'm still adjusting to life as a mother of five! They want him to start in January, but it will probably be closer to March when his dissertation will be done, so we'll see. I can't believe how sad I'm going to be to leave this crazy place! This has been our home for more than five years and we're all really going to miss it. But we are so thrilled to be moving back home where our family is. Just wanted to share the happy news!

16 comments:

Emilee said...

Congrats you guys! That is so awesome that you will be so close to family again.

Sharee said...

How exciting! I am glad you will be living so close to your families! I am sure you are adjusting to life with 5 just fine, you are a wonderful mother.

John and Stef said...

John and I are SO excited for you!! Yay Dan!! You have to keep your blog updated so we can keep in touch. I'll miss you - funny, I know we don't see each other much as it is :)
Let us know how it goes!!

Bethany said...

Oh. my. gosh. KAREN! YAY!! You're dreams came true!! So happy for you!!!

Sarah said...

Congrats! I'm so excited you will be back in Utah!

Britney said...

Like I've said 500 times...CONGRATS!

Marie HMJ said...

You might be sad to be leaving, but we are SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! What a dream come true!!! YAY For Karen!!!! Yay for Dan! YAY For you beautiful five kids!!! YOUVE DONE IT!!!! love, Marie

Tristen said...

I love to see dreams come true like this, I'm so happy for you guys, and it feels so good to see the hand of the Lord in the path of your family. That is such exciting news, congratulations!

Malinovka said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I just can't believe it!! What are the odds?! I'm sure you're all super excited. Good luck the next couple of months being supermom while Dan finishes up. Hope things go really well.

Leda said...

YIPEE!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! You deserve the best after all the sacrifices you've made! You have a wonderful little family! Congrats!!! :)

Jeni said...

Holy cow Karen... this is AMAZING!!! Congrats to you and your fam! Dreams do come true! And I will be here when you move, HOORAY!!!

Maybe Dan can give Jason some tips because we're still looking for a job here... :(

jill kynaston said...

What a wonderful blessing to find a great job in this economy and especially to find one right where your family lives! I'm so glad you'll have a little help with your kiddos! Moms and Moms in law are so good at giving much needed breaks!

Becca said...

YAY!!! This is FANTASTIC news. I am so happy for you and know you are thrilled too. I second Tristen...dreams do come true! Good luck with the move. Happy house hunting :)

Jen said...

That really is the coolest news!

Marti said...

WELCOME HOME!!! We can't wait to see you!!!

Hanson Family said...

Yeah Karen! That is so exciting! What a blessing for your family to end up where you wanted to! Congrats!