Thursday, April 03, 2008

Happy birthday to me!

I had such a great birthday receiving everything from cards, emails, packages, phone calls, texts, flowers, and even a yummy pot roast dinner which is just what my Mom would have done! No need to feel homesick in Berkeley with such great friends and my family in their various places. Thanks so much to everyone who made my birthday so special!


The kids didn't let me have a boring birthday...
they helped Dan with this great cake, decorated the house,
and even made me play party games!




And I had lots of help opening presents! This one being
a fun one... you might have to zoom in to see it, and since I
know a lot of you are wondering... let's just say,
Yes, I did get obsessed, and I already finished it!

11 comments:

Hanson Family said...

Happy Birthday Karen! I had actually remembered it last week, and then I forgot! Glad you had a good day! We'll see you guys in a couple weeks!

Kelly Jensen said...

YAAAAAY! I gues since I got behind-- you started blogging again! I am so glad. Happy birthday to you hot Momma!!! Love the pics and love to see your cute family. All your helpers blowing out the candles on your cake are priceless!

Jenn said...

Happy birthday Karen. I am glad you had fun, no one likes a homesick birthday. Your little Cali is so big, sitting up already. So cute

Britney said...

The boys helping with the candles are so cute!

Glad you had a good day!

M&M Kanet said...

Happy Birthday Karen! So glad you had a good day. You have such a sweet family. Did you make Cali's headband? You'll have to show me how - maybe you could make a blog demonstrating it?! :)

Rachel said...

Kids make a moms birthday fun. I love your blog template what site did you use?

Jeni said...

Were there other people that texted you that day? I thought about you a lot that day and wondered how you were. It looks like you were well taken care of. Great husband. Great kids. Lucky gal.
Good job on your talk today, I loved it!

Becca said...

Oh my...I haven't checked your blog in weeks and look at what a surprise I have...POSTS!!! I love ya Karen and think you're the greatest.

p.s. I knew you'd be obsessed with Twilight :)

Leda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emilee said...

Can I just tell you how much I LOVE the Twilight series! I just finished the third book! Let me know when you finish and we can talk all about it!

John and Stef said...

Well hello fellow blogger! I'm so happy that I have a better way to keep in touch with people and see what everyone is up to!
What a great day to have a birthday, I know I had Dane on your birthday and I was even thinking of you!