Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer Update

I wanted to get all caught up on the blog before we left for Utah, but that obviously didn't happen. We've been in Utah for two weeks so far and the kids are having lots of fun with their cousins and grandparents while Dan is getting LOTS done without us around.

So here is the update of what we had been up to so far for the summer before we left for our trip.

THE ZOO: For a few years we've had a pass to the Oakland Zoo so we made lots of trips there, but we haven't had one in a while and we got a free pass to go again. We always love going it!




FATHER'S DAY: I was pretty sick on Father's Day, so no breakfast in bed or special treatment, but the kids did a great job making Dan feel special for Father's day. He's such a great Dad to these kids! He takes the kids on endless outings, plays lots of computer games with them, puts them to bed, gets up at night with them, and takes really good care of their mom. :) He's the best! We're all desperately missing him!


The kids all decorated him a tie in Primary for him to wear on Father's day... his neck was pretty crowded with all three ties. :)


WATERWORLD: We've never been brave enough to take all the kids to a real Waterpark, but we finally got a couple of them old enough to do it. I love waterparks, and Max and Lincoln are definitely our water lovers. Doman did pretty good condidering he usually stays clear of water altogether. And then poor Cali couldn't handle how freezing cold the water was. But we had a really fun time!




OUR FRIENDS NOT TOO FAR AWAY:
I feel really lucky that a few of my favorite people from Berkeley live closeby enough to see. Now that school is out we've been able to play with some friends!

We drove down to San Jose to spend the day with Britney. My kids loved her big house and yard with,of course, a trampoline. I loved talking all day with Britney. ;) I really miss having her live so close, but at least we can visit.


We went to Pleasanton to visit my good friend Rebecca. We met at a little Park with lots of water that the kids all loved. Here is Max and Doman with Kaiyah. These guys have actually left for Texas already... we're going to miss them!




IT COULDN'T GET ANY SADDER... Our friend Mindy and her great family has left us for Alaska! So far I've handled the friends leaving not so far away, but Alaska??? It definitely has broken our hearts and is going to leave a hole for a long time. Thank goodness for blogs and all the Girls' trips we're planning to Portland and Salt Lake to play. ;)

Here's Mindy for ya... at her girls goodbye party she's laughing through her tears.

And I don't know how she found time the night before she left to squeeze in one more Samantha Who marathon with me and Marianna. Mindy, you're too much fun! You've taught me SO much about motherhood and service! We'll really miss you!

2 comments:

Marti said...

I know you will miss your friends but I'm glad you are back in Utah at least for a while. I hope to see you on my next trip south.

Marianna said...

I sounds like you're having fun out there. But we really miss you here, so come back soon!