Friday, March 06, 2009

YUCK!!!

Has your kid ever had a tick before? Probably not, but if someone is going to get one, it would just have to be Doman, right? UGHHH! Dan was rubbing Doman's back before bed tonight when Doman says not to rub in a certain spot because there's an owie. He has such a high pain tolerance that we never know that he's even hurt! When is this kid gonna get a break?!

Anyway, here is a picture. It isn't good enough to really see, so be grateful because it was a fat ol' tick with its head and half its body embedded in Doman's back and the legs hanging out everywhere. I wanted to scream!!! But I let Doman do the screaming while Dan removed most of it. Since the head was still stuck we had to call our pediatrician to see what to do. Friday night in the ER again... wouldn't that just be great! Thank goodness she said for now we can just leave it since the disease is carried in the body of the tick, but still watch for an infection.


Gosh, this blog is seriously starting to be my special place to vent, because once again, I feel a little better just getting this off my chest.

3 comments:

Britney said...

OH MY GOSH. Where in the world did he get a tick? And the ticks head was in his body and his legs were sticking out? OUCH!

Poor kid!

Emilee said...

That is so sad! I have always been freaked out about ticks. For loving the outdoors I have been lucky never to encounter one. The creepy thing about them is that they can start burrowing and you would never know it!

Amy said...

Oh no! I agree its time for Doman to have a break!